UND hockey, basketball tickets - update
Pat Sweeney | Jan 13, 2021 AT 11:10 am
2020-2021 North Dakota Hockey and Basketball Ticket Information as of 1/12/21.
In accordance with state guidelines that require physically distancing standards to be maintained at all times, the following seating capacities will be utilized for upcoming UND home games:
UND Hockey – approximately 3,000 fans (increase of 2,000 from the previous state maximum capacity of 1,000 fans)
UND Basketball – approximately 650 fans (increase of 50 from the previous state maximum capacity of 600 fans)
All seating will be reserved seating for both hockey and basketball in accordance with physical distancing requirements and to allow for contact tracing if necessary.
In order to comply with NCAA guidelines, the physical configuration of the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center has been modified for the current season and the venue's sellable capacity has been reduced as a result of these temporary health and safety changes. The capacity of the Betty is only 650 this season due to the physical distancing required to mitigate risk for both our student-athletes and fans. We do not anticipate any single game ticket sales for basketball this season because of the temporary seating changes within the venue. All available seats at home basketball games have been sold to basketball season ticket holders.
UND Athletics will continue to monitor university, local and state guidelines and recommendations regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and will adjust accordingly as necessary.
· This information is as of Jan. 12, 2021. Continue to check FightingHawks.com to keep up to date.
Season Ticket Information
· Season ticket holders have received numerous emails throughout the fall and winter with several options ranging from wanting to keep their tickets, donating all or some of their invoice, deferring their tickets until next year or a full refund.
· Season Ticket Accounts that did and did not receive tickets were based on North Dakota Champions Club priority points.
o Season ticket holders who received tickets will likely be seated in other seats for the 2020-2021 season only. North Dakota Athletics sought to space fans out as best as possible throughout the arena to ensure social distancing. Season ticket holders can anticipate returning to their usual seats for the 2021-2022 season.
o Season ticket holders who received tickets may access them in their My North Dakota account.
o Season ticket holders who received tickets will receive their hard tickets in the mail this week.
Attending The Game
· Many COVID related safety measures have been implemented for the 2020-2021 season including mask requirements, concession stand protocols and social distancing standards. Season ticket holders please reference that information from previous emails.
Single Game Tickets
- Single Game Ticket Update: Due to potential changes in the NCHC schedule caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we will wait to release single game ticket information for the home Colorado College series until the NCHC confirms the schedule for the weekend of January 22-24, 2021. It is our hope to release all such information on later this week.
Student Ticket Information
· A limited number of student tickets will be available on a single game basis through a student's Green and White account. For more information on student ticketing, visit fightinghawks.com/students.
· Basketball double headers will be treated as a single session double header. Only one ticket will be needed for entry into both games this season. The Summit League schedule has been restructured to feature both men's and women's games on the same day at the same site.
Football and Volleyball
· Plans for UND volleyball and UND football, both of which begin the home portion of their revised spring schedules in February 2021, remain a work in progress. Specific ticketing information for each of volleyball and football will be published as decisions for each sport are finalized in the future.