EGF Apartment Fire

EGF Apartment Fire Click to Enlarge

A space heater may be to blame for a fire that damaged an apartment in East Grand Forks on Wednesday.

Crews were called to 505 5th Avenue NE shortly before six p.m. to battle a structure fire. When they arrived heavy smoke was coming from one of the units. The building was evacuated. The unit in question sustained fire and smoke damage.

Upon further investigation the origin of the fire was determined to by the heater and other nearby combustibles. One family was displaced by the fire and was being assisted by the Red Cross. There were no injuries.

The East Grand Forks Fire Department reminds residents to check smoke detectors and keep space heaters at least three fee from combustibles.


.

Leave a comment