2 COVID-19 mass testings in GF this week
Pat Sweeney | Sep 14, 2020 AT 2:40 pm
Grand Forks Public Health, in collaboration with the University of North Dakota (UND), the North Dakota Department of Health (NDDoH) and with support from the North Dakota National Guard, will host an additional Coronavirus (COVID-19) walk-up testing event, Saturday, September 19th. Testing will be open to the general public and will take place at UND’s High Performance Center, 2419 2nd Ave N, Grand Forks.
The remaining testing events for this week are as follows:
· Tuesday, September 15th, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
· Saturday, September 19th, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The testing events are to increase surveillance of COVID-19 in the community. Ages 5 and older are welcome to participate, even if you do not have symptoms. The test at this event is a point in time test. If a person was tested in the early stages of the infection while incubating the virus or exposed to the virus after they were previously tested, they could then later test positive for COVID-19. Therefore, those that have previously tested negative are invited to be tested again.
If a person was identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case and does not develop symptoms it is recommended to get tested. Testing is ideal, 7-10 days after the last exposure. If the person is found to be negative, they still need to fulfill the quarantine period, as it can take up to 14 days to develop COVID-19.
Additional event details:
- Registration prior to arrival at the event is required: testreg.nd.gov.
- Pre-registration does not guarantee a test.
- There is no cost for the test and health insurance is not processed.
- Proof of residency will not be required.
- Antibody testing will not be conducted at this event.
- Those participating in testing must be at least 5 years old.
- Face coverings or masks are required, and six-foot distancing is expected.
- For additional testing event details: https://und.edu/covid-19/testing.
For questions related to COVID-19, the public can call the NDDoH hotline at 1-866-207-2880 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Saturday or Grand Forks Public Health at 701-787-8100, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. For more information about COVID-19 symptoms, testing and care, please visit the NDDoH website.
(GF Public Health release)