Fargo Gas Leak

Fargo Gas Leak Click to Enlarge

Portions of an office complex in south Fargo were evacuated on Wednesday after a gas smell filled the hallways.

The Fargo Fire Department says when crews arrived they detected elevated levels of carbon monoxide. The office spaces were evacuated. A daycare on the second floor was sheltered in place due to lower C-O-2 readings.

The cause was traced back to a construction crew using a gas-powered concrete saw inside the building without ventilation.

Paramedics evaluated 15 adults and 20 children on scene. Two adults went to the hospital in private vehicles for further evaluation.

Leave a comment