EGF Food Donations
Doug Barrett | Nov 14, 2017 AT 12:43 pm
East Grand Forks food cupboards will benefit from an early November snow emergency declaration. East Grand Forks police say the emergency order resulted in numerous parking tickets for vehicles blocking roads for snow removal crews. A city approved program allows recipients of tickets to donate food in place of paying a fine. Authorities say 528 pounds of food was collected during the initial week of the program. The food donation effort will run through December.
In addition the city has a street maintenance ordinance that is written to allow additional snow removal/street cleaning on specific days and times as listed below.
Parking is prohibited between 7:30 AM and 12:00 Noon in the following residential areas on the listed days.
- District 1 – All areas North of 17th Street NW and West of Central Avenue. This District will have scheduled enforcement on Thursdays.
- District 2 – The areas South of 17th Street NW and North of Gateway Drive. This District will have scheduled enforcement on Wednesdays.
- District 3 – The East and Central areas – South of Gateway Drive and North of the Red Lake River. This District will have scheduled enforcement on Fridays.
- District 4 – The Point area East of Bygland Road. This District will have scheduled enforcement on Mondays.
- District 5 – The Point area West of Bygland Road. This District will have scheduled enforcement on Tuesdays.