Simplot - Mechanic
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We currently have a position available at our food processing facility in Grand Forks, ND. Grand Forks Simplot is a potato processing plant that packages two million pounds of potato product a day. Customers include Burger King, Sonic and McDonalds.
These positions will be responsible for maintaining the mechanical operation of plant equipment in the Process, Packaging, Logistics, Raw Receiving, Tank Farm, Water Resources, and Digester Areas.
· Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair problems.
· Practice preventive maintenance by continually checking equipment for signs of malfunctions.
· Assist supervisor in compiling a list of maintenance repairs needed and request necessary parts to perform such jobs.
· Must have an AAS in Industrial Maintenance (or equivalent), or 2 years’ experience in facility or plant maintenance
· Must have successfully completed a mechanic aptitude test.
· Must have an understanding of welding procedures.
· Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and calculate percentages to make proper adjustments and calibrations, as required.
· Must be capable of working effectively in physically and exhausting conditions (high heat, humidity, and cold).
· Must have manual dexterity to manipulate tools and work with small objects, learn to weld, and operate computers.
· Must also be capable of working safely and effectively at heights above normal.
· Employee will need to provide own set of quality, life-time-warranty tools.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Other basic qualifications are available in the full job description upon request.
· Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
$22.29-25.08 – Depending on shift
$2,000 ($1,000 at 6 months, $1,000 at 12 months) –Mechanic new hires are eligible for a bonus to be paid upon successful completion of 6 months and 1 year as a qualified Simplot Mechanic.
· Prescription Drug
· Employee Assistance
· Short-term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment
· Health Savings Account
· Paid Vacation
· 10 paid holidays
· Educational Assistance
· Retirement Savings Plan
· $90 Shoe Voucher | $140 effective September 1, 2017
· Prescription Safety Glasses Voucher
· 12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
· Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM or 7PM to 7AM shifts.
· The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to days.
· Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
· Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule.
Application Instructions: Visit www.simplot.com/careers
Please submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
Applicants who successfully complete an interview will be scheduled to complete a Drug/Alcohol pre-employment test and HR will run a background check.
If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**