Simplot - General Laborer
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We currently have General Laborer positions available at our food processing facility in Grand Forks, ND. Grand Forks Simplot is a potato processing plant that packages two million pounds of potato product a day. Customers include Burger King, Sonic and McDonalds.
This position will ensure that the plant equipment and surrounding areas are kept clean, sanitary, and safe. General Laborers are able to work anywhere necessary to help the plant operate efficiently. This position reports to the Process Team Leader and Shift Manager.
· Assists the Wet End Team with each product line.
· Assists with shut downs, startups, and cleaning tasks.
· Ensures additional accountabilities, as may be required by management, are handled in a manner necessary to meet operational and food group standards.
· Prescription Drug
· Employee Assistance
· Short-term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment
· Health Savings Account
· Paid Vacation
· 10 paid holidays
· Educational Assistance
· Retirement Savings Plan
· $140 Shoe Voucher
· Prescription Safety Glasses Voucher
· 12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
· Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM or 7PM to 7AM shifts.
· The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to days.
· Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
· Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule.
Application Instructions: Visit www.simplot.com/careers
Please submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
Applicants who successfully complete an interview will be scheduled to complete a Drug/Alcohol pre-employment test and HR will run a background check.
If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**