Simplot - Forklift
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We currently have Forklift positions available at our food processing facility in Grand Forks, ND. Grand Forks Simplot is a potato processing plant that packages two million pounds of potato product a day. Customers include Burger King, Sonic and McDonalds.
Flo/Talley: This position will ensure that the product is transported from storage or receiving area to its destination in a manner consistent with safety, quality and production goals.
Flo/Line: This position will use a forklift to assist all areas of the plant in the production and packaging of French fries and preformed potato products in a manner consistent with safety, quality and production goals.
· Forklift assists in all areas of the plant in the production and packaging of French fries and preformed potato products. Supplies packaging with proper cases and paper; moves product totes throughout the facility and freezers; transports finished cases and totes to their final destination; operates trash compactor and prepares the container for pickup.
· Prescription Drug
· Employee Assistance
· Short-term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment
· Health Savings Account
· Paid Vacation
· 10 paid holidays
· Educational Assistance
· Retirement Savings Plan
· $140 Shoe Voucher
· Prescription Safety Glasses Voucher
· 12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
· Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM or 7PM to 7AM shifts.
· The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to days.
· Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
· Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule.
Application Instructions: Visit www.simplot.com/careers
Please submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
Applicants who successfully complete an interview will be scheduled to complete a Drug/Alcohol pre-employment test and HR will run a background check.
If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**