Simplot - Electrician
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We currently have a position available at our food processing facility in Grand Forks, ND. Grand Forks Simplot is a potato processing plant that packages two million pounds of potato product a day. Customers include Burger King, Sonic and McDonalds.
This position is responsible for Plant instrumentation, control systems, and electrical/electronic equipment, as well as other associated equipment. The individual in this position must be capable of troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, programming, documenting, upgrading, and the laying out and installing of equipment and systems.
This position will ensure that the Plant instrumentation and control systems operate at optimum levels, and that new programs and/or changes to existing programs are successfully implemented with minimal direction and supervision.
The individual in this position will accomplish these tasks by utilizing a team concept, through working with team members and following direction and instructions from a Team Leader, Supervisor, Shift Manager or other qualified maintenance department personnel. Work relationships and communication are key ingredients to the success of the individual holding this position.
· 3- 5 years of instrumentation/electronic/electrical relevant experience. Graduation from a technical trade and/or completion of an apprenticeship, certificate or associate degree program in a related field.
· Experience programming and/or PLC operations preferred.
· Must maintain appropriate certifications and continued education as required.
· Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ranges, averages, fractions, measurements and calculate percentages to make proper adjustments and calibrations, as required.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Other basic qualifications are available in the full job description upon request.
· Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
$2,000 ($1,000 at 6 months, $1,000 at 12 months) – Electrician new hires are eligible for a bonus to be paid upon successful completion of 6 months and 1 year as a qualified Simplot Electrician.
· Prescription Drug
· Employee Assistance
· Short-term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment
· Health Savings Account
· Paid Vacation
· 10 paid holidays
· Educational Assistance
· Retirement Savings Plan
· $90 Shoe Voucher | $140 effective September 1, 2017
· Prescription Safety Glasses Voucher
· 12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
· Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM or 7PM to 7AM shifts.
· The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to days.
· Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
· Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule.
Application Instructions: Visit www.simplot.com/careers
Please submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
Applicants who successfully complete an interview will be scheduled to complete a Drug/Alcohol pre-employment test and HR will run a background check.
If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**